भिडियो सहित हेर्नुहोस !
Advertisement
The move had drawn sharp criticism from some stakeholders including Nepal’s foreign missions and a section of the recruiting agencies.
“Some of our embassies are still unhappy with the decision as they haven’t been able to cope with an increasing number of female migrants seeking help against exploitation,” said an official at the Ministry of Labour and Employment, adding that several Nepali embassies in the Gulf are delaying the process to accredit the human resource centre in the destination country.The ministry had imposed a “temporary travel ban” in July, 2014, sixth such restriction since the 1990s, on Nepali housemaids, citing the need for stronger regulations to “protect them from widespread abuse and exploitation” abroad.
So far, only three women have left for housemaid jobs in the countries while others are making preparations for departure, according to the recruiting agencies. On Tuesday, Mina Subba of Jhapa and Kalawati Chapagain Nepal of Bardiya left for the United Arab Emirates through the Capital-based Sharon Manpower Services. Last month, two Nepali women had left for Lebanon to work as domestic help.They were the first lots of women to go abroad through the institutional channel since the government restricted the manpower agencies to send housemaids in 2012.
In April last year, the government endorsed new guidelines on domestic workers, making major changes to the law, besides setting the minimum age, salary and benefits for women leaving as domestic workers. Consultation with recruiting agencies by women willing to take up foreign jobs is being made mandatory for the first time.According to the guideline, women below 25 cannot take up domestic jobs. The government has chosen 49 agencies to send housemaids.
The decision has divided rights activists. While some argue that the government should start issuing permits to domestic helps as the new guidelines ensure proper safety nets, many argue that the rules would make little difference without the foreign governments accepting them.Labour Ministry officials said they decided to lift the ban after realisation that many women were going abroad via India with the help of recruitment agencies, unauthorised agents and travel agencies on tourist visa.
भिडियो सहित हेर्नुहोस !
Advertisement
0 Response to "The Department of Foreign Employment said"
Post a Comment